The Makit Fenland Fair 25 th Anniversary Lace Competition
Makit Lace and Needlecraft Supplies are proud to sponsor in support of our Lacemaking and Quilting friends two competitions for 2015. A Lacemaking competition to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Makit Fenland Fair and the second LQ&N Quilted Wall Hanging competition in conjunction with the Makit LQ&N 2015 Fair.
The Makit Fenland Fair 25th Anniversary Lace Competition
A Free open competition that is open for all Lacemakers.
The competition has been created to encourage both the novice and the experienced Lacemaker to demonstrate their individual skills by making one piece of lace to the theme “Silver”.
The Makit LQ&N 2015 Fair – Quilted Wall Hanging Competition
We are pleased to once again sponsor the Makit LQ & N Quilted Wall Hanging competition in the form of an open competition details of which are as follows.
- An open competition created to encourage all levels of skill.
- A competition that is achievable.
- A competition that gives the entrant the opportunity to express themselves in respect of design, technique and colour.
- Judging panel headed by Annette Morgan.
- The competition theme for 2015 is “Peace”.
Competition prizes are;
The closing date for the submission of competition entries is Friday 17th April 2015.
Wall hangings will be displayed at the Makit LQ & N 2015 Fair to be held on Sunday 10th May 2015 at the Peterborough Arena, The East of England Showground, Peterborough PE2 6XE.
All entrants to the competition will receive a Free entry ticket to the Fair.
Why not enter and possibly win one of these fabulous prizes!
Download the entry form now by clicking the button below or contact Makit Lace & Craft Supplies on 01354 65 44 44 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Makit LQ&N 2014 Fair – Quilted Wall Hanging Competition
Our 2014 competition, the first sponsored by Makit Lace & Needlecraft Supplies attracted a surprising number of entries a selection of which were displayed at the LQ&N 2014 fair on Sunday 11th May at the Peterborough Arena at the East of England Showground.
The competition attracted entries across all skill levels but sadly not one entry in the Young Quilter category. The majority of entries to this year’s competition were from quilters who had never before entered a competition and in the opinion of the judges entered work of an incredibly high standard.
The winning entry by Mary Peace of Orton Community Quilters a first time competition entrant was considered to be of national competition standard.
Our winners were:
- A Janome TXL607 sewing machine, accessories and threads to the value of £650.00 awarded to Mary peace of Orton Community Quilters.
- A Quilters Trolley together with a selection of Quilting accessories and threads to the value of £250 awarded to Kim Sharpley of Rushden.
– A Quilters Tote bag with a selection of Quilting accessories and threads to the value of £250 awarded to Betty Ball of Cromwell Quilters.
– A Makit Gift voucher each to the value of £25 awarded to: Melanie Missin of Elysian Quilters and Amanda Dalton of Orton Community Quilters
Entries to the competition displayed a varied range of techniques including, Sashiko, Applique, Fabric painting and innovative thread and bead combinations creating originality of design and achieving the aim of the competition that of encouraging quilters of all skill levels to embark upon an achievable project with the opportunity to win high value prizes.